Sunday, March 22, 2009

busy,busy,busy.......

I have not been able to spend a lot of time posting lately, so just wanted to catch up a bit. Most of you know that Emily is to be married in April, so Laurel, Emm, and I took a quick trip to Oregon for a bridal shower, we had a wonderful time, the trip there was a blast we left Wed.( 4/11 )evening from Vernal and picked up Emm in Salt Lake. I drove to Elko where we stopped for the night. We started out early, and spent the day laughing at silly things, talking, and stopping so we could check out every bathroom between here and there and if there wasn't a "real" bathroom we made one up !! Samuel was a little trooper he had his DVD and mommy brought his fav movies and lots of goodies. We had decided to go through Winnimuccua and over the back roads (that's what I call them) into Lakeview if you have ever been that way you know that there is really nothing out there and at times no cell service, however it was a beautiful spring day and we felt confident!!! Laurel had just started driving and as she had top a small hill I seen off to the right side ahead of us a herd of Elk, I yelled "Stop", there's elk I want to get pictures!! as we got closer my Elk turned into Donkeys or Mules whatever they were they had no antlers!! however, I still wanted to get some pictures, so out of the car I went ,when over on the other side of the road something caught my eye....it was a little baby donkey it had gotten up and was making it's way across the road to it's mommy, well I thought I would get a close up which I did, now the girls are saying to me Mom you need to get back in the car, when I got the idea to feed the poor little things some carrots. Emily decides to bring Samuel out of the car and show Gramma how to feed them the carrots.... they were out even farther than I was however they ( the donkey's) just was not going to eat our carrots, Laurel was the last to make her way out of the car......and you guessed it as soon as she was just past me on her way out to where Emm was standing with Samuel, the mommy donkey let out this scream showed her teeth and continued to make this very LOUD noise. I'm telling you now if I would have had a video cam going we would be making some money!!! Emm turned and was running holding Samuel's hand he was running as fast as his little legs would go, as she was jumping over weeds he was being dragged right through them. (at least twice), now let me back up, donkey yelled first, then Laurel yelled, EMILY RUN GET Samuel , I was standing by the car and Emily was not missing a step and had Samuel safety in the car before Laurel was even half way there. Samuel was wide eyed and watching the donkey, he had a few things to say about it, such as, she scared me!! he didn't cry but was very concerned that she yelled at us, I told him she was telling us not to get any closer to her baby!!! We will be laughing about this for a long time....... I guess I could tell you more about why it took us another 20 to 30 min to get back on the road, however I will leave that alone for now...... and how did those car keys end up in Emily's front pocket???...... We were in Grants Pass around 9:30 that evening it was just beautiful so green and all those trees. All in all a wonderful trip thanks girls for a great road trip, next one Laurel.... we can tease Emily about all the bathroom stops!!! I will post the pic in a day or two.

I start my training for my job on Tuesday then next week it's off to school, oh boy!!...=)

I just need to put this out there I'm going to be a proud mom for a few lines... Zac has been doing so good in school this year, he got all A's (one A+) and one B+ this time around it was a wonderful parent teacher conference thanks Zac!! Keep up the Great work.

No comments: